Sunday Veterinary CE Program (July 31, 2022)
This workshop has been approved for 9 hours of veterinary CE. Registration is $50 and includes lunch. The Sunday program registration is included in the regular Beef Cattle Short Course registration ($240).
Beef Cattle Short Course Veterinary CE Opportunities (August 1-3, 2022)
There will be 4 sessions during the Beef Cattle Short Course that will be offering Veterinary CE (14 hours). You must attend these 4 sessions in order to obtain veterinary CE.
Aug 1 Morning –
Beef Cattle Health – Getting the most from your veterinarian
• Working with your vet to develop a herd health plan
• What services to cattle producers expect from their vet
• Where are all of the rural large animal vets? What does the future look
like for ranchers needing their help?
– 3.5 hrs
Aug 2 Morning –
Beef Cattle Health Management
• Is animal disease traceability important?
• Bovine Viral Diarrhea – A costly disease running under our radar.
• Bovine Trichomoniasis – Disease consequences and control measures.
• Control of internal parasites in cattle – It may be time to change our
– 3.0 hrs
Aug 2 Afternoon –
Flies, Gnats, Ticks – Parasites that steal your profit!
• Research Report
• Fever tick issues on the Mexican Border
Aug 3 Morning-
Beef Cattle Reproduction Testing and Management
This session will discuss pregnancy detection options that include traditional
palpation as well as modern ultrasound. The new chute side test will be
demonstrated and blood collection for the test will be exhibited. A proper
bull fertility exam will also be performed.
– 4 hrs
For questions regarding the veterinary CE programs please contact Dr. Tom Hairgrove at email@example.com